You haven’t had your jewelry professionally cleaned and checked in how many years?
Yikes!!! Let’s talk about the top 10 reasons that you should visit your jeweler at least two times per year for check-ups.
1. Prevent loss of diamonds and gemstones.
2. Prevent breakage of mountings.
3. Chains wear out.
4. Common chemicals attack some jewelry metal alloys especially the nickel in white gold.
5. If worn together, rings wear each other out.
6. Loose gemstones wear out prongs from the inside.
7. Chains wear out the bails on pendants.
8. Bracelets are the worst for hiding destructive grime.
9. Professional cleaning makes your jewelry look terrific!
10. It’s an opportunity to learn something about jewelry care and your jewelry.
“How can I remember to go the jewelry store, when I can’t remember what I had for lunch yesterday?” you ask. Try tying your visit to something that already happens: your semiannual visit to the dentist, Thanksgiving and Easter, New Years and the 4th of July, first day of winter and the first day of summer, perhaps a birthday and anniversary, whatever works for you. Just make it happen and your jewelry will look better, last longer and be ready to pass along for generations to come.
Have a sparkling week!
For specific gem and jewelry questions visit www.kentjewelryrolla.com or contact Kent Jewelry at 573-364-1030. Kent Bagnall is the owner of Kent Jewelry in Downtown Rolla, Missouri.